Cycling Tour of Rural Cambodia with CSA team,
There’s a different aspect to Cambodia that not many people get to enjoy. Away from the temples and the tourist crowds is whole different world that is – rural Cambodia. Come with us on a journey of discovery, to witness rural life in the picturesque countryside, approx. 25 kms from Siem Reap. Our cycling tour takes in the area of Khar Pou Commune around the village area of Bos. You will be picked up by Tuk Tuk and delivered to the starting point of the cycling tour. You’ll cycle past rice paddies, palm trees, ox-drawn carts and perhaps the odd ruin. A visit to a local family can also be included, which adds a unique personal touch to the whole excursion. Then after your cycling tour we will deliver you back into Siem Reap. The roads around Siem Reap are mostly flat, but some of the quieter roads can be bumpy. The approx. distance travelled on the cycling tour is 8 km.
Let us help you enjoy Cambodia a beautiful country full of contrasts!
Cycling Tour Highlights:
- See the locals making brooms—usually August to November
- Local sugar palm making—usually October to April
- Local families making beetle nut—usually June to September
- See rice planting—June to December. Rice harvest—December
- A local family making rice noodles—year round activity
- Visit the local Buddhist pagoda and learn of the activities of Buddhist Monk life
- Optional—visit one of our sponsored families to learn about the Community Support Association Family Sponsorship programme.
We recommend doing the cycling tour in the mornings, before the heat of the day. But this can be individually tailored to suit your preferences.
Morning Tour: A tuk tuk will pick you up from your hotel/guesthouse at 7.30 and deliver you back into town for lunch. Lunch can be arranged with a local village family for an extra $3
Afternoon tour: A tuk tuk will pick you up from your hotel/guesthouse at 1.30 and you will be delivered back into town in time for dinner.
Cost of Tour:
(A 20% discount will be given for 3 or more people – $30 pp)
*All profits go directly to support the CSA project*
- All services detailed in the itinerary, including a bike in good condition.
- An English speaking LOCAL guide—our guides are hired locally in the village, they have good local knowledge of the area, but they are not professional guides.
- All drinking water during the cycling tour
A Cambodian traditional hat and a small Kroma (scarf) are our thank you gift to you for supporting our Eco Tourism cycling tour.